Focal Point
ActiveX Control - Programming Excel Addin

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3131094312

February 16, 2007, 02:19 AM
thangam
ActiveX Control - Programming Excel Addin
Hi All,
There is a active x control available to embed the excel spreadsheet as part of our Webfocus HTML form. It has the property of importing & exporting data from/to a specific excel.

I have created the csv file based on FOCUS hold file. That file is getting generated in the other folder which is under our application path. Now How do I know this URL for this csv file so that I can associate this CSV file to the excel. When ever user updates this excel, I want to update the same CSV. Is it possible? If so, please explain. It would be of great help.
February 19, 2007, 12:17 AM
thangam
Can someone guide me on the above query?
February 23, 2007, 12:15 PM
Jason K.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking...but, I think the answer is yes, with something called Visual Basic (within Excel it's called VBA).

Please explain what you are trying to do, precisely and clearly so I can help you with the appropriate code.

Thanks

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
March 02, 2007, 05:54 AM
thangam
I am able to get the data for the excel plug-in. I am able to get the data back from excel plug-in using object.CSVData method. When the same content is passed to fex programs to write to .txt file or .CSV file, it is getting passed as a single string & hence reading back as independant rows is becoming a problem.

Please help me on this.