Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     NOPRINT Across Values with Computes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
NOPRINT Across Values with Computes
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a scenario were I have a field that I would like to display as an across field. I also have some calcs off of that across field. I want the calcs to show but not all of the across fields. Imagine 12 months of data across with just two of them added together as my compute.

It seems like you can't just do a NOPRINT so how do I do this?

WF 5.3.5 / SOLARS 2.9 / Apache / Tomcat / Oracle (9.2/10g)

Posts: 62 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: September 30, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
For every COMPUTE column you create in the TABLE, it will repeat for every ACROSS column input to the table i.e. JAN NEWCOL1 NEWCOL2 FEB NEWCOL1 NEWCOL2 etc.

Do all your COMPUTES with the ACROSS statement
and put it in a HOLD file. Then look at your HOLD file (?FF HOLD). You'll see that after your BY fields, the columns will correspond to each real and computed field as E04, E05 etc.

You can TABLE from this HOLD file with SUM and
assign column names etc. as needed.

There are other ways, but this is probably the
quickest.

WebFOCUS 7.6.11, WINDOWS, HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Posts: 77 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: May 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
the FML (financial modelling language) component of webfocus will do all that and much more..open up whole new possibilities for you.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
For a while now I was under the impression I could not hold out a request using the ACROSS command. I thought I was told that it was only to be used for final output. If that is not the case (and you are correct that it doesn't look like the case) then that is HUGE.

In the past we have jumped through hoops to make calculations like this work.

I'm not even sure how big of a time saver this will be but on this project it will be a break through.

THANKS!!!

WF 5.3.5 / SOLARS 2.9 / Apache / Tomcat / Oracle (9.2/10g)

Posts: 62 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: September 30, 2005Report This Post