Focal Point
[Yes!] Can you Capture the Agent ID in edasprof?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/315107735

September 30, 2010, 03:16 PM
John_Edwards
[Yes!] Can you Capture the Agent ID in edasprof?
I want to write a little custom log file that captures userid, the focexec name, the time of day and the reporting server agent that was assigned to a WF request. Does anyone know if the agent ID is available via ampervariable or the like?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

September 30, 2010, 03:25 PM
GinnyJakes
You could parse the string you get from the following command. The edatemp directory has the same id as the agent.
-SET &TEMPDIR = FGETENV(7,'EDATEMP',40,'A40');

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
September 30, 2010, 08:16 PM
John_Edwards
Give that girl a Kewpie Doll!

That's what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Now if I could only figure out a way to code a kill command into a hot link for it . . . hmmm . . . stay tuned.

J.

October 01, 2010, 05:41 AM
<JG>
quote:
Now if I could only figure out a way to code a kill command into a hot link for it

The system will not let you do it. Think of the security implications.

however if it would the sytax would be

-SET &TEMPDIR = FGETENV(7,'EDATEMP',200,'A200');
-SET &TEMPDIR = TRUNCATE(&TEMPDIR);
-SET &AGENT=GETTOK('&TEMPDIR.EVAL', &TEMPDIR.LENGTH, -1, 's', 6, 'A6');
-SET &KILL = SYSTEM(42, 'C:\ibi\srv77\wfs\bin\edastart -kill &AGENT.EVAL', 'D4');

If that would work so would edastart -stop

Think about it. That's what the console is for.

If you need a kill capability allow users to kill their own jobs via the console
simple link
October 01, 2010, 01:26 PM
John_Edwards
Well the console issues the kill shot via an http call, so it's possible as long as the user is logged in and has appropriate access rights.

My intention is to provide the link to admins only via an MR report specific to them. They're not your run-of-the-mill "users" but users nonetheless. They may not even want it since they'll likely want to snoop a bit before taking such draconian action.

Thanks for the talk-up.

J.