Focal Point
Webfocus7.11- Offline and Offline Close

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3161051251

February 02, 2006, 03:56 AM
LACCD06
Webfocus7.11- Offline and Offline Close
I have trouble to use the follow fex in Webfocus 7.11. Anyone has experience and how to fix that, please help.

FILEDEF OFFLINE PRINTER XXX.TXT
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
END
OFFLINE CLOSE

** It was working in 4.36, but in ver7, no output (xxx.txt) is generated.

Win2003, Webfocus 7.13, Dev Studio, Report Caster
February 02, 2006, 07:44 AM
Tony A
Domini,

What platform was your 4.3.6 on and what platform is your 7.11 on?

Looking at your code I wouldn't necessarily expect an offline file to be produced, or if it was then only a temporary file. The filedef you have would (should?) redirect the output from your table request directly to the default printer (I think - but it is ages since I used offline and even then it was MVS / VM).

If you want to have a physical file remaining after your table request then I would steer away from using offline. Just use the filedef syntax -

FILEDEF filename DISK physical path to your required file

You can also use APP FILEDEF to the same effect with the exception that the physical path would be replaced with a filename prefixed with an application name -

APP FI filename DISK IBISAMP/filename.extn.

All of this needs to be adjusted slightly depending upon the platform in which you are operating - hence the very first question.

If you add your setup to your signature, as most of us on this forum have, then you will not have to repeat it each time and we will be aware to what platform your question relates.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
February 03, 2006, 02:06 AM
LACCD06
Thanks. The webfocus 7.11 is installed under Win2003. I talked with the help line today, and the conclusion is Report caster has problem in dealing with the command "FILEDEF OFFLINE PRINTER..."
I'll wait for the help line to check for more details.
Thanks for your help

Win2003, Webfocus 7.13, Dev Studio, Report Caster