Focal Point
[SHARING]Manage Private Resources - watch out!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3177025286

May 26, 2016, 02:09 PM
Mike in DeLand
[SHARING]Manage Private Resources - watch out!
Today I had the need to change ownership of a ton of content from one user to another. Some of the content is published, some is private. I used the "manage private resources" utility, and when I could only change the ownership of ONE ITEM AT A TIME I opened a case with IBI, thinking I must be using this feature incorrectly.

Nope, that's the way it is. The agent told me there's a new feature request in for this. I can't believe 8.103 got out the door like this.

OK, end of rant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
May 26, 2016, 02:21 PM
Francis Mariani
I'm not surprised. Practicality is not a strong suit in the WebFOCUS world.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 26, 2016, 03:02 PM
Squatch
I'm sure you can come up with a SQL update query to go through the repository database and change the content ownership en masse.

And when you are through restoring the repository database several times and finally have the SQL update query correct, please post the code so the rest of us can benefit from it.

We promise to give you credit for it.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
May 27, 2016, 07:38 AM
Mike in DeLand
Now that's funny!

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux