Focal Point
regarding Target Attribute(urgent)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3181075691

November 14, 2006, 10:19 PM
Balaji Gavini
regarding Target Attribute(urgent)
Hi All,

My scenario is like this.

I have three html pages.
1)home page 2)level1 3)level2

I am giving the window name for home page as window.name="home"

In the home page i am displaying the report with in the iframe of that html page.
In this report there are links on columns. In the style sheet of the report i am giving the target as "Target=home."
so when the links in the reports are clicked the level1 html page is called and is displayed on the "home window"

IN the level1 page i am displaying another report in the iframe. this also has links. on clicking the links it will call the level2 html page.
Even in this level1 reports also i am giving the target as "Target=home"

But the level2 html page is getting displayed in the iframe of the level1 html page.

Please help me in this regard.

For home page reports i am giving the links on subheads and for the leve11 reports i am giving it on data.Will it make any difference. Please help me in resolving this problem.

Thanks,
Balaji
November 15, 2006, 09:48 AM
Francis Mariani
As far as I can tell, this will not work as you wish. The content of an iframe ia another HTML page. Using targets in the WF stylesheet, I don't think the WF HTML report in the iframe can address the "home" page that is the 'parent' of the iframe.

You may have to use JavaScript hyperlinks and the target may have to be parent.home or parent.opener or parent.opener.opener or something like that.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server