Focal Point
EXL2K Gridlines Disappear

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3191076282

May 02, 2008, 12:06 PM
Tom Flynn
EXL2K Gridlines Disappear
After executing a compound EXL2K process via ReportCaster and distributing as an email attachment,
the gridlines disappear, even with GRID=ON.

I've included this instruction in the body of the email:

After opening the attached spreadsheet, select TOOLS, OPTIONS and click the checkbox for GRIDLINES.

I've searched, BUT, can't find any posts that discuss this without using a macro or VB script.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
May 02, 2008, 02:11 PM
Prarie
For some reason GRID=ON does not work for Excel format in WebFocus..perhaps someone knows the reason.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
The GRID=ON does not work in Excel because it is a Webfocus command not an Excel command. It is actually for showing grid lines in an HTML format.

Tom,

Have you done any styling that might affect the grid lines? I think it is LEFT-BORDER, RIGHT-BORDER or BACKCOLOR. If you do BACKCOLOR=WHITE on the report it takes out the gridlines.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
Hi Pat,

Actually figured it out: If I had only 1 fund for a manager, the summary report was not to be generated, just the detail.
Had to get total count of unique funds by manager, then do my DM looping with OPEN, CLOSE or blank for each manager.

FUN! FUN! FUN!

THANKS!!

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe