Focal Point
[SOLVED] Excel 2007 opening in a new _blank HTML window from HTML launch page issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/320107582

November 05, 2009, 04:21 PM
Laure
[SOLVED] Excel 2007 opening in a new _blank HTML window from HTML launch page issue
I appoligze now to anyone suggesting I search the posting. I've done that and can not find this problem out there. If someone would kindling point me to a prior posting I would greatly appreciate it. Or suggest a solution.

We have recently upgraded to Excel 2007. We are running WebFCOUS 7.6.4. When executing a fex in a new _blank HTML window from an HTML launch page Excel opens in the new HTML browswer window, but Excel pivot tables are not functional nor is the Excel menu availalbe. This was not the case with Excel 2003. We have display file type of .xls set to browse in same window. We have found that if we uncheck this we get the functionality we want from Excel opening in its own window, but a blank HTML window also opens. Is there a way to suppress the openeing of the blank HTML window?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF
November 06, 2009, 09:51 AM
DW Marker
As far as we have been able to determine, no there isn't, the single HTML window pops up as that is the window for WF, which that widnow then basically sends the excel file.

As an alternative. We set a frame up on the actual report that is basically hidden. If it is an excel only output, we actually have it open in that frame (which by being hidden does not show. And then it causes Excel to open, thus avoiding the extra window.

WF 7.6.4
Windows XP and UNIX
November 06, 2009, 10:18 AM
Laure
This is exactly what we are thinking of doing, only its going to be a large effort to make this change in our existing code. If Excel 2007 opened and was functional in the HTML window, the coding effort wouldn't be necessary.
Thanks

Laure

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 - MRE, BID, - WindowsXP - Oracle 9i, SQLServer, DevStudio 7.7.3 - Apache Tomcat , Output: HTML, Excel 2013 and PDF