Focal Point
Suspressing Comments

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3221048331

March 17, 2005, 01:50 PM
Boogarweed
Suspressing Comments
It seems like I saw a post one time that addressed this issue but I can't find it to save my life. Does anyone know how to suspress the comments that are placed in html reports? Example below:

<!--
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 0 LINES= 0
<AMPERS>
CURRENTLY DEFINED & VARIABLES STARTING WITH '&':
</AMPERS>

WebFOCUS Version 5.3.3 compiled and linked on Thu Dec 23 01:37:39 EST 2004 (Gen WEB533:47)
-->
March 18, 2005, 06:12 AM
<JG>
SET MESSAGE=OFF
Should suppress informational messages but will still show error messages
March 18, 2005, 01:48 PM
Boogarweed
Thanks. This doesn't quite get rid of everything I want to. Maybe in the future....
March 18, 2005, 02:09 PM
drew billingslea
if this is to suppress the messages only when the report has no records (like in your example); two ideas you might want to look at:

you can have the report show even if there is no data on it

SET EMPTYREPORT=ON

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
WHERE MODEL EQ 'NOT THERE';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

OR

you can capture the number of lines and show another report with a message

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
WHERE MODEL EQ 'NOT THERE';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END
-RUN
-IF &LINES GT 0 GOTO ALLDONE;
-* show a report saying there is no data
TABLEF FILE CAR
HEADING
"THE REPORT HAS NO DATA"
PRINT MODEL NOPRINT
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1
END
-ALLDONE

hth,

drew
March 18, 2005, 02:21 PM
<JG>
The problem is that when Mr. Cohen re-engineered Focus from RAMIS he did not pinch all the best features, just most of them, because in RAMIS you had the concept of message level which Focus/WebFocus does not have.
March 21, 2005, 04:08 PM
Boogarweed
I'm sorry. I should've described my intent. I want to suspress the comments in the html not what the user sees. This is because the program will not be executed by a user but another program. I do not want the calling program to have to parse the comments in the html page.