Focal Point
Where clauses crashing in 7.62 that worked in 5.3.6

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3221072562

January 09, 2008, 12:54 PM
Leah
Where clauses crashing in 7.62 that worked in 5.3.6
Just curious to know if anyone has had issues when going from 5.6.3 (or any flavor) to 7.6.2 ( 7.6.4 )and have a WHERE clause crash the fex. I spent days working on, playing with and even opened a case with IB, who recommended taking out and putting back to see what was occuring. Of course, I'd already done a lot of that, but did it again to see. Ended up it was the WHERE clause which was rather complex. I was able to pull one element out to a separate where and it finally worked.

Was as I said curious to know if others have had any issues.

Thanks.

Leah
January 09, 2008, 01:17 PM
GinnyJakes
We went from 5.3.3 to 7.6.2 and I must warn you that there is a lot of code tightening. Things that you were able to get away with, you can no longer do. For instance in the AYM and AYMD subroutines, it makes you use the legacy date formats as they are documented. YYMD no longer works.

As for WHERE clauses, the only one that caused a problem was a date screen against a SAS ODBC source but that was a bug for which I received a fix and I got an error message, not a crash.

Sorry.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
January 09, 2008, 01:24 PM
ptp
Similar issue experienced:

Works in v5.x fails in v7.6.x
------------------------------
NEW_FIELD/D20.5 = IF FLAG EQ 0 OR MISSING THEN 0 ELSE VALUE;

Now needs to be:
----------------
NEW_FIELD/D20.5 = IF FLAG EQ 0 THEN 0 ELSE
IF FLAG EQ MISSING THEN 0 ELSE VALUE;

Code tightening I suspect...

P
January 09, 2008, 02:22 PM
Darin Lee
We experienced issues very similar to PTP with complex WHEREs and IF-THEN-ELSE in DEFINEs - especially where "MISSING" was concerned. And that was just moving to 7.1.x from 5.3.6. I would suspect even more tightening moving to the 7.6.x world

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
January 09, 2008, 02:31 PM
Prarie
Yes Leah - there is a lot of code Tightening...and you can't get away with what you used to do. We had several 'New to WebFocus' people..and they had done some strange things..that no longer worked. Us old Focus people...were surprised it got thru in the first place...
So be prepared with complex Where's, if than elses and MISSING.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Does this work in 7.6.x?
NEW_FIELD/D20.5 = IF FLAG EQ 0 OR FLAG EQ MISSING THEN 0 ELSE VALUE;

I use this in hundreds of programs where FLAG is a database date field.

Thanks in advance

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.