Focal Point
Search Updates

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3241085342

August 24, 2007, 02:38 PM
Kathleen Butler
Search Updates
Hello Focal Point Members,

Now Focal Point users can expand any topic search to include content in our WebFOCUS Newsletter and Diagnostics information collections. This expands the range of Information Builders content already available for searching via Focal Point, including all WebFOCUS and iWay technical documentation and all Focal Point messages. To initiate a search from the Focal Point home page, click on Search the Technical Documentation Library at the top of the page. And please let us know what you think by filling out a Quick Survey

In addition, the Advanced Search on Technical Support (which requires logging in to the web site) has been enhanced to include Focal Point as a parameter. All Focal Point threads will be included in your specified search. The diagnostics on the Focal Point search are a subset of the Solutions section of the Advanced Search that have been made available to Focal Point users now.

Thanks
Kathleen Butler Smiler
Focal Point Manager

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,
August 27, 2007, 08:59 AM
jgelona
I used the Advanced Search last week looking for a way to replicate the FSTRACE3 and FSTRACE4 output that we used to get in FOCUS for HP/UX and it brought me to a thread here on FOCAL POINT that had exactly what I wanted.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
August 27, 2007, 09:28 AM
Kathleen Butler
Thanks for sharing. Yes, that is exactly what we wanted to accomplish! Glad that the improved search helped.

Kathleen
August 27, 2007, 02:34 PM
Francis Mariani
Hello. Are the non-IBI employees contributing to the FocalPoint forum going to get paid for the successful solutions found via the "Advanced Search on Technical Support"? Smiler

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
August 27, 2007, 03:26 PM
Prarie
Now there's a plan.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003