Focal Point
[TECHNIQUE] Windows IE Browser Mode, Compatibility View, and WebFOCUS IE Browser Supp

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3257080526

October 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Kerry
[TECHNIQUE] Windows IE Browser Mode, Compatibility View, and WebFOCUS IE Browser Supp
Windows IE Browser Mode, Compatibility View, and WebFOCUS IE Browser Support
By Susan Trommer

If you use Windows Internet Explorer, at some point you were – or maybe still are – trying to determine what Document Mode to specify when you develop Web pages or whether to use the Windows IE Browser Compatibility View when viewing Web pages as a user. The goal of this article is to assist you in making those decisions by providing information and references about Web page Document Modes, IE Browser Compatibility View and WebFOCUS product support for Windows IE browser.

Click here to read more, and subscribe today to receive the WebFOCUS Newsletter in email.

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
November 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
Marc97229
I was ready to create a New Discussion when I found this one.

My problem was that a JavaScript function was not found, even though I had inserted it using the HTML Composer.
Hitting F12 revealed that the script that contained this function was not retrieved:

The requested resource (/WFC/Repository/Common/___.js) is not available.

But it worked on someone else's PC! Well, he used IE8 and I used IE9. But the actual solution was for me to uncheck the "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" option in IE's Compatibility View Settings.

Enjoy,
Marc Schluper

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.8, Windows 7