Focal Point
[SOLVED] Compound layout: how to not print heading on every page?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3267043616

February 06, 2012, 01:30 PM
Oly
[SOLVED] Compound layout: how to not print heading on every page?
Hello all!
I have compound layout report, which contains 2 reports: tabular and graph. First report has heading and is located on several pages. Is anybody know how to avoid printing of heading on other pages except firts? I cannot use here the subhead because of they have different style format. As I know the compound layout report hasn't the TABNOPAGE parameter, so I cannot to check it's value to print or not print the headingFrowner
I need your help!
Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oly,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.8, 8.2.0.3
Windows, All Outputs
February 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
Waz
Have you tried ON TABLE SUBHEAD, as this is a heading that is at the beginning of the report only.

Without an page-break it will appear on the first page with the data, then not on subsequant pages.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 06, 2012, 03:25 PM
Oly
Unfortunatelly, I cannot use ON TABLE SUBHEAD, because of I have the flexible subhead with special formating with other text and I need the HEADING with other format style.

Windows, All Outputs
February 06, 2012, 03:50 PM
Waz
Another option is to have a dummy highest sort field, and do a SUBHEAD on that. You set the field to the same value for all records.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 07, 2012, 03:26 AM
Oly
I was advised the following decision: to use dummy component with haeding only as first component of compound layout report and no heading in the next(main) report. Think it is the possibility to avoid unnecessary heading.
Thank you.

Windows, All Outputs