Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Visualization(with images) for boolean types

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Visualization(with images) for boolean types
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello everybody,

Is there a way to display images in place of data ? For example, I want to display a "check mark" when the the data value is 1(0ne), and an empty box when the value is zero. (This column is of bit / boolean data type.)

Thanks.

Shravan

7.7.03, Windows 7, SQL Server 2005

Posts: 92 | Location: Carmel, IN | Registered: May 09, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Here is one link that might help:

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/7751078331

You could also create a define field with an http image reference in it based on which arrow you wanted to show and print that defined field on the report.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Awesome, Ginny.

I did not have to do much. I did not create a define or anything. I handled that part in SQL Server. I am sending values P and R(which in "Wing Dings 2" font are Check mark and Uncheck mark) instead of 0 and 1 from SQL Server. And in WF report I changed the font of the column to "Wing Dings 2" (just the data, not the title Wink). ( I have a question here. Does this font have to be on users' computer ? I just read that all the new Windows computers have this font. And Microsoft updates fonts with every update. I just hope that all the users updated their computers periodically.)

But, I got this idea from the link you sent me. Believe me, you got to know the right key words to search. I have been searching for this for the past few hours, but did not get the correct idea.

Thank you very much.

Shravan

hmm... Looks like there is a problem with this approach. It works only with HTML output format. Any idea how to make this work for PDF ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shravan,

7.7.03, Windows 7, SQL Server 2005

Posts: 92 | Location: Carmel, IN | Registered: May 09, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't know the answer to the font question.

I do my searches from the regular Search link on the Tech support site. I play around with work combinations till I find something that hits.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post