Focal Point
[SOLVED] Oracle Error while running reports in Webfocus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/327109813

December 16, 2009, 02:31 PM
george!!
[SOLVED] Oracle Error while running reports in Webfocus
I have Webfocus 716 and I configured an Oracle Data Adapter and tested it successfully in my eda server console.
But when i execute any procedure which connects to the database, I get the error as below:

FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 1034 (HEX: 0000040A)
(FOC1394) CONNECT FAILURE
: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available : ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
: SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory
(FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.

The database is up. I am able to connect to it using my local client. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.1.6,
Solaris
December 16, 2009, 02:54 PM
GinnyJakes
Can you get to it natively, not from WF, from the reporting server platform? That is where the connection is actually made. Please do a native Oracle test from the id that is the reporting server admin id. That will tell you wether they profile and enviroment is set up correctly.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
December 16, 2009, 03:54 PM
george!!
Solved. I had 2 data adapter connections, and the other one was down. I use implicit connectivity to connect to the database from Webfocus code, and hence i did not realise that the other database could also be down.
I guess I was a litlle stupid.
Thanks anyway :-)
December 17, 2009, 06:38 AM
GamP
I won't say that it happens to me also all the time, but I do not think it is stupid at all.
When you're used to a fully operating and functional system, it is definitely not the first place you look when you get these kinds of error messages.
Anyway, glad you found the problem and solved it.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988