Focal Point
PDF Compound Report report getting broken after specific layouts.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3287048926

March 30, 2013, 11:11 AM
Prabhakar
PDF Compound Report report getting broken after specific layouts.
Hi,
I have a pdf compound report layout in which i am looping the number of Page layouts and components respectively. Default there are 9 reports. When the loop runs for 1 or 2 times its working fine by showing 18 report in one pdf which are being called from 9 FEX files by passing different parameters 2 times.
Now the problem is when the loop runs for 3 times it is getting broken by throwing an error message ""exceed IBI error msgs..". If I run the third loop seperalty it working as expected. so the fex are working as expected.
My current PDF might run for 10-12 loops. Can you please help me on how to fix this issue. I tried surfing the forums but of no use. Awating response. Thanks.
Regards;
Prabhakar Rao

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 and 8.x
Windows, All Outputs
March 31, 2013, 04:30 AM
Twanette
Hi,

By what you're explaining, it sounds like it may be related to the following:

IBIF_max_messages
Controls how many WebFOCUS Reporting Server messages will be accumulated before WFServlet stops processing the request and displays error message 32100: "Reporting Server messages exceeded IBIF_max_messages, report retrieval aborted." Messages include –TYPE commands, &ECHO=ALL variables, and errors or warnings from a data adapter. The setting protects against the situation where the Java VM executing WFServlet runs out of memory. 20000 is the default value. IBIF_max_messages can be passed with the request, in which case it overrides the value set in the console. When debug mode is enabled in Developer Studio, a value of 50000 is passed with each request. A value of 0 indicates that no limit exists.

See: http://www.csueastbay.edu/FOCU...EN/help/topic469.htm

IBIF_max_messages is a WF Client setting, which you can set to 0.

Or - if the above does sound like your error, then turn whatever is generating messages off e.g. SET MSG=OFF, and -SET &ECHO=OFF ;

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server
March 31, 2013, 04:33 AM
Twanette
Just BTW - I found the info by doing a Google search for "exceed ibi error messages".

Admittedly you need to at least have a fair knowledge of WebFOCUS to know whether the search results that are returned are in fact applicable or not - but it is always worth starting with Google.
April 01, 2013, 05:47 AM
Prabhakar
For better representation of my problem, let us consider the below sample code.
-DEFAULTH &CNT_VAL = 1;
-DEFAULT &CNT_VAL1 =10;

-SET &ECHO = ALL;

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
OBJECT=bookmarks ,$
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='.208^.208^.208^.208^4', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, PAGESIZE=LETTER, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $

-REPEAT ENDREPEAT1 &CNT_VAL1 TIMES
PAGELAYOUT=&CNT_VAL.EVAL, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=0, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.208, TOPMARGIN=0.208, LEFTMARGIN=0.208, RIGHTMARGIN=0.208, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.208,TOPMARGIN=0.208,LEFTMARGIN=0.208,RIGHTMARGIN=0.208,', $
COMPONENT='&CNT_VAL.EVAL', TEXT='&CNT_VAL.EVAL', TOC-LEVEL=1, POSITION=(0.208 0.208), DIMENSION=(11.290 7.772), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 11.29in; HEIGHT: 7.772in; TOP: 0.208in; LEFT: 0.208in', $
-SET &CNT_VAL = &CNT_VAL + 1;
-ENDREPEAT1

-SET &CNT_VAL = 1;
END

-REPEAT ENDREPEAT10 &CNT_VAL1 TIMES
SET COMPONENT='&CNT_VAL.EVAL'

-*DUMMY LINES FOR TESTING

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

-SET &CNT_VAL = &CNT_VAL + 1;
-ENDREPEAT10
COMPOUND END
-EXIT

We observe that PDF compound layout is considering the commented lines as well. Not sure how and why.
Justification: If we execute the below code with &CNT_VAL1 =157 then the report works fine. But at &CNT_VAL1 =158 the report breaks with the error message “Reporting Server messages exceeded IBIF_max_messages, report retrieval aborted”.
By removing the commented lines the Break point goes from 157 to 182.
Break point is &CNT_VAL1 = 182

Do we have any limit for components in PDF compound layout painter?
If yes how many components can we fit in?
Is there a way to free the cache memory for every loop at the time of execution or rum time?
Do we have a storage limit for compound layout painter on execution time?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 and 8.x
Windows, All Outputs
April 01, 2013, 07:41 AM
Alex
From the help information on IBIF_max_messages:
"Messages include –TYPE commands, &ECHO=ALL variables, and errors or warnings from a data adapter. The setting protects against the situation where the Java VM executing WFServlet runs out of memory. The default value is 20000. IBIF_max_messages can be passed with the request, in which case it overrides the value set in the console. When debug mode is enabled in Developer Studio, a value of 50000 is passed with each request. A value of 0 indicates that no limit exists."

Try commenting out or eliminating the -SET &ECHO = 'ALL'; statement.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF
April 05, 2013, 06:15 AM
Prabhakar
Thanks a lot.It was helpful.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 and 8.x
Windows, All Outputs