Focal Point
Limiting the master files viewed in the Masters List

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3301095862

January 28, 2008, 04:53 PM
<M_RIOS75>
Limiting the master files viewed in the Masters List
When opening the WF Masters List, prior to opening the report assistant, all the master files show up. Is there a way to limit these master files to the domain in which it was opened under?
January 28, 2008, 05:49 PM
Prarie
See it this helps.

Here

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
If you're strictly within MR, you can also explicitly assing the Domain to a specific APP Folder as well (via Properties). The override should only display the MFD's that reside in that APP folder.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.6, Windows 2003

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Windows 2003
I recommend reading Technical Memo #TM4550 which is for 5.2.6 and higher. I mentioned it wwaayy down in Prarie's "Here".

Chris Burtt

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.
The standard way to do this is a APP list in the domain properties ... if you need more customization of the content list ... there is a facility to insert a WHERE clause when the tools ask for a list of masters: see IBI_IF_FILE which is documented here here.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development
Brian, I set the IBI_IF_FILE, and it worked great. It limited the files that I specified to just those within the fex I use within edasprof. ....But..... Now I cant run a report! I get return code -30082(cannot connect to db/authorization problem). I will try setting within site.wfs since that the other file it mentions I can use..