Focal Point
Report Assistant returning partial result

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3311008513

January 28, 2009, 10:57 PM
Chirag
Report Assistant returning partial result
Hi all,
I am facing a strange and serious issue in Webfocus report extracting data from Oracle database. I am using webfocus 714 and the oracle database is 10g, but the oracle client on unix box having reporting server is 9.2.0.7.
The problem is sometimes my report fetches partial data from database. There is no error coming in the report. but when i analyse data, i found that there are more rows in database which should have come in report.

Did anybody face this situation?

Please suggest why is this happening? One more thing, this situation comes abruptly. Next time i run the same report, i get the full result. There is no pattern. I am not able to reproduce the problem.

Thanks

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

January 29, 2009, 08:21 AM
<dksib>
We have a similar issue but with Report Assistant WF 7.6.4 and MS SQL Server.
January 29, 2009, 08:24 AM
PBrightwell
I have seen similar in the past and it was caused by the Master Definition not being quite right. Check your master against your Oracle Table definition.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
January 29, 2009, 10:38 AM
RSquared
A few questions.
1) Are you using a HOLD file ?
2) If yes, is it FORMAT ALPHA ?

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit
February 02, 2009, 06:34 AM
Chirag
yes, we are using Hold files in our application. and mostly they are in format ALPHA. But how does it make the data to disappear partially?

I don't think we have any problem with Master Definition as most of the time the report fetches correct data but only few occasions the report comes out with partial result.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF