Focal Point
Report Manager vs Project Folder

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3331012961

May 24, 2006, 11:05 AM
rc
Report Manager vs Project Folder
All,

What are the important difference between the two when it comes to developing and stability of a fex?
May 24, 2006, 12:28 PM
dhagen
For most of the installs that I've been involved with, there are not major differences between managed reporting or project folders. My preference is based solely on how the final applications will be delivered. If you are using the MRE or BID interfaces to deliver the web focus content, then I would suggest that you use the managed reporting area. If it is all self service reporting, then use the projects. Trying to develop reports in self service that are later to be used in BID can get confusing ... and vise versa.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
May 24, 2006, 02:33 PM
rc
Thanks for the info, very new to WF what does the below acronyms stand for?
quote:
MRE or BID interfaces

May 24, 2006, 08:07 PM
dhagen
MRE - Managed Reporting Environment - This is the applet based web interface, or, if you are using Developer Studio, it is called Managed Reporting under the WebFOCUS Environments area.
BID - Business Intelligence Dashboard - This is the typical delivery interface for web focus content to a user community.

Sorry for any confusion

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott