Focal Point
Dashboard authentication for Java Pages

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3331050002

December 06, 2006, 10:10 AM
Geeya
Dashboard authentication for Java Pages
Hi,

We are planning to use Dashboard autthorization/authentication for our application. Other than reports, we also have some Java based pages, which hits the database through J2EE layers. Please let me know, whether I can use Dashboard Authorization for those Java pages also.

Thanks,
Geeya.

Regards,
Geeya.
December 06, 2006, 06:26 PM
dhagen
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can make your .jsp pages available via a MRE URL domain object. Once there, they are subject to the same authorization that any WF report would be.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
December 07, 2006, 02:20 PM
Kerry
Hi Geeya,

One of internal experts reviewed this topic. He agrees with dhagen on this approach (many thanks to dhagen's input Smiler), however Dashboard authorization only effects information within our control. In the MR repository etc… that said dhagen approach would solve some of the calls but not call made to those pages outside of MRE/Dashboard. This is an application/Webserver security issue more than a WebFOCUS issue.

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
December 08, 2006, 03:04 PM
Geeya
Thanks Kerry and Dhagen for your responses.

Our expectation is to have Dashboard as the entry-page and authorize the users to access the JSPs and servlets deployed with WebFocus. We can use 'piggy-backing' method as Dhagen mentioned to identify whether the request is already authenticated by WebFocus or not.

Your responses are much helpful to me. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Geeya.