Focal Point
[SOLVED] Inserting a report in an IFRAME for an HTML page

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3337051486

October 06, 2016, 04:20 PM
Starr
[SOLVED] Inserting a report in an IFRAME for an HTML page
I'm creating an HTML page in App Studio HTML Canvas. I'm using an accordion container, on page 1 of the container I've added an IFRAME. How do I add a report or chart to this IFRAME? I'd like to import an external procedure; where is that option?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Starr,

WebFOCUS 8206
Exl2k
October 06, 2016, 04:29 PM
Waz
Is there an option if you right-click on the iframe ?

If not, how did you add the iframe.

Normally you would add a report to the page (it adds an iframe) and then choose if it is embedded or called from somewhere else.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 06, 2016, 04:40 PM
Squatch
To import an external procedure, go to the "Requests & Data sources" tab/panel, which is usually on the right side of the screen. If it is not there go to the "Utilities" menu choice at the top of App Studio and check the "Requests & Data sources" box.

Click on the downward pointing triangle in the upper left corner and select "External Request --> WebFOCUS Procedure". Browse to your procedure and select it.

Next you will need to go to the "Tasks & Animations" panel and select the "Load" trigger type. Create a new "Requests/Actions" using the downward pointing triangle, then select "Run Request" and choose your external procedure name.

Make the "Target type" a "Frame", and then choose your iframe ID from the drop down box.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
October 06, 2016, 04:49 PM
Squatch
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
Normally you would add a report to the page (it adds an iframe) and then choose if it is embedded or called from somewhere else.

In App Studio, it's possible to create an empty iframe. It's in the "Components" ribbon at the top of the screen. It's just called "Frame".

And I'm not seeing a right-click shortcut to add a report to a Frame/iframe.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
October 06, 2016, 05:45 PM
Waz
The first item in the componenets ribbon is "Report", this creates an iframe, and you can right-click on it to point to a fex

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 07, 2016, 05:24 AM
Squatch
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
The first item in the componenets ribbon is "Report", this creates an iframe, and you can right-click on it to point to a fex

Yes, that's the way I would do it. Much easier. But you can create the iframe first with no intention of adding a report to it.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
October 07, 2016, 10:45 AM
Starr
Thanks also Waz, I learned an easier way to do this. I was really trying to use a widget and wasn't sure it would work but it did. Thanks for the short cut.

WebFOCUS 8206
Exl2k
October 07, 2016, 10:51 AM
Starr
Squatch your instructions were perfect. This is exactly what I was trying to do but the "Requests & Data sources" tab was hidden. Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8206
Exl2k