Focal Point
Passing Parameter to Report Header

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3341078331

June 28, 2005, 09:25 PM
Pablo1559
Passing Parameter to Report Header
Hello,

I am fairly new to Webfocus and am running into a slight obstacle. Currently we are running WebFocus 5.3.

I have several reports, with multiple dynamic dropdowns. Each of the Dropdowns have a Display(Text) and a Value(Numeric). In the resource painter.

Example of Dropdown:
Display Value
Metro West 02
Metro East 01
All 00

We need to populate the header of the report with Display value (which is the Text Description) the user has selected. Currently we have only been able to get the Value(Numeric) in the header.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Pablo
June 28, 2005, 09:28 PM
Leah
From what I understand, I believe the only thing in the drop down is the parameter you are passing, you most likely will need to decode the parameter in a define in the report to display the value in a header.

Experts correct me if I am wrong on this, I haven't done much in the drop down world.

Leah
June 28, 2005, 09:34 PM
Francis Mariani
Only the Code in a dropdown box gets sent to the fex. This is normal HTML form behaviour.

If you want the description as well as the code, there are several ways to do it.

The first method is to get the description from the data. You may need to JOIN to the lookup table that contains the descriptions for the codes.

The second method is much more complicated. It involves JavaScript and manipulation of the HTML form before it is submitted.