Focal Point
Generating multiple compound Excel report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3351049461

April 24, 2006, 10:19 AM
Moogle
Generating multiple compound Excel report
Hi Team,

I've a report that generates a compound Excel spreadsheet with two worksheets inside. The spreadsheet is filtered for one customer's sales, and I want to save a copy as Sales Report - .xls. After saving, I want to re-run the fex and feed it a different customer name, and then save that output as well. When finished, I want a folder to contain one spreadsheet for each customer.

I can't use Report Caster Bursting, as far as I know, because it does not support compound excel reports. The closest I came was getting the compound PDF sent out as four seperate Excel files in one e-mail.

My next thought is to do some kind of looping statement to run the report as Customer A, save a copy, run the report as Customer B, save a copy ect. Can anyone provide a bit of advise/code on how I can do this?

TIA,

Joey
WF7.1 on Tomcat (standalone), Informix DB
April 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
Leah
I ran a compound Excel spreadsheet using report caster and got the report. So I decided to make sure they were all in the same sort order and did a test of burts. Not pretty, got a separate spreadsheet for each burst sheet. This is on 5.3.4. Of course this means it works, just doesn't work the way you'd like possibly.

Leah