Focal Point
What setting to adjust double click to single click?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3367095086

February 03, 2016, 03:11 PM
newbie1
What setting to adjust double click to single click?
In our current customer platform (7.7.3) the parameter page .fex executes with a single click from the users perspective. We migrated our reports over to 8.1.05 and now to execute it "defaulted" to double-click so the customer believes the report "doesn't work", as we have trained them to one click. Does anyone know how/where to change this at?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newbie1,

Windows 7-10
HTML, Excel, PDF
February 04, 2016, 08:20 AM
BabakNYC
Are you using an HTML composer page to run the report? If you are, open the file in Composer, and find out what the Trigger Type is for the Run button's Task under Tasks & Animations. If it's Double Click change it to Click.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 04, 2016, 09:52 AM
newbie1
We have a "report" list on the left hand side of the BIPortal. A client will then click on the report they want to see and it pops up an html page where our clients can choose different parameters (months, filters, etc.), but it populates using html, javascript, jquery, etc. Once they select their parameters, then they run (one click) and output a report.

Think of it as your opening up a file on your computer, where you have to double click to open it, we want it to be a single click.

We will check out your option, thanks!

Anybody else got input?

Windows 7-10
HTML, Excel, PDF
February 08, 2016, 02:28 PM
MartinY
I don't think that there is an option to change that.
I think that it's the new default BIP (portal) way to double click on an element for execution where previously in v7 it was a BID (dashboard) and a single click.

I also think tat IBI attempt to get closer to Windows standard double click for action process.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
February 08, 2016, 03:59 PM
newbie1
So does anyone know how to change the "new" default, or is that even possible? Windows makes it "interchangeable", so I was hoping WF would in the new BI Portal.

Windows 7-10
HTML, Excel, PDF