Focal Point
[CLOSED] Duplication include references

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3397083686

May 11, 2017, 10:23 AM
Web Guy
[CLOSED] Duplication include references
How does Web Focus handle duplicate include references? For instance if I include a procedure that has custom DEFINE functions, then further down in the procedure include another procedure that has a reference to the same custom DEFINE functions, and then make a call to one of the custom function towards the bottom of the main (top level) procedure...how will Web Focus scope this during run time?

Example:

-*start main procedure

-*lets name this "reference A" to my_custom_functions.fex
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/common/my_custom_functions.fex

-*do some processing

-*include some other procedure
-*(this procedure also includes the my_custom_functions.fex - lets name this "reference B" to my_custom_functions.fex)
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/other/some_other_procedure.fex

-*do some more processing

-*set a variable using a custom function
-SET &SOME_VAR = MY_CUSTOM_FUNCTION(&SOME_PARAMETER);

Will web focus throw an error during run time, or call reference A, or call reference B?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
May 11, 2017, 10:37 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi WebGuy

You can force WebFOCUS to process by strategically placing -RUN statements in your code.

Hope this helps,

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
May 11, 2017, 10:38 AM
BabakNYC
Are you redefining the same field or are you just running a bunch of additional defines?

You could get a pretty clear answer to your question if you add ? DEFINE in the last line of your code.

Look at this part of the doc for more details about define and specifically SET KEEPDEFINES=ON

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...lang/source/ctf1.htm

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows