Focal Point
[CLOSED]Save report parameters - Text box filter for multiple values

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3407024486

October 31, 2016, 12:23 PM
RamyaKalyan
[CLOSED]Save report parameters - Text box filter for multiple values
Hello,

Question regarding Save report parameters in webfocus portal.
I select required field names that I need in my report output. There is a text box field in my report and when I enter multiple values separated by comma's. eg: Part Number((% as wildcard): ABC,XYZ,IJK,PQR and then run the report, I am getting the required output. When I save the report parameters, it is getting saved but after I open the saved report, the part number field in which I entered multiple values separated by comma's shows only the first value eg: Part Number((% as wildcard): ABC. I am trying to understanding why is it not saving all the values that I entered in the text box field(eg: Part Number((% as wildcard): ABC,XYZ,IJK,PQR)

Webfocus -8.0.05

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

8.0.05 & 8.1.05
November 02, 2016, 09:29 AM
Tamra
RamyaKalyan,

Here is a link to the documentation:

Saving Parameter Selections

Please supply your WHERE command with your report for a better idea of what you are trying to do with the save selections

Are you using an HTML page with the "Save Selection" button ?

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
November 02, 2016, 11:13 AM
RamyaKalyan
quote:
re you using an HTML page with the "Save Selection"

Thanks Tamara.

Yes I am using HTML page with "Save Selection" button. I provided the selection parameters in the HTML page. One of the field in my HTML page is a Text box field and I provided multiple values separated by commas in a text box field and saved the report. After I opened the saved report from "My reports" folder, I see only one value(first value) in the text box field where I provided multiple values.

eg: Before saving the report Part # text box had below values

Part #: ABC,XYZ,IJK,PQR

After opening the saved report Part # text box had below value only

Part #: ABC

I am trying to understand why is it not saving all the values

8.0.05 & 8.1.05
January 02, 2018, 10:45 AM
Doug
I think that it's losing the 2nd thru the last item in that text box due to the commas which, again I think, is due to the parm list being saved as a CSV 'field'.

Whether that's right or wrong, the question remains: Has this been remedied in 82x?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206