Focal Point
[SOLVED] ReportCaster Compound Report Distribution

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3421056603

November 12, 2008, 07:56 AM
Laurie
[SOLVED] ReportCaster Compound Report Distribution
We are unable to distribute a comt report to the library. All of our reports are compound reports. Is there a limitation that prevents this from working? We get the following error:

INVALID DISTRIBUTION FORMAT FOR COMPOUND REPORT

If not, how can I debug the problem?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
November 12, 2008, 09:19 AM
GinnyJakes
COMT is a tab-delimited file, essentially text. That doesn't make sense if you are creating a compound report. Expected formats would be pdf and excel.

Have you checked the Report Caster admin manual?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
November 12, 2008, 09:34 AM
Laurie
We use a template, which is a compound report for all of our reports. Some reports have an output of PDF and others, Export reports, produce csv output. Are you saying that it is not compatible and therefore we can not use COMT as an output thru ReportCaster?
November 13, 2008, 11:02 AM
PBrightwell
You can create a .csv file from Report Caster, but I think you can not use a template or create a .csv in a compound report.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
November 13, 2008, 11:26 AM
Laurie
Thanks for your input. I have figured out a way to produce both report types, pdf and comt thru ReportCaster.