Focal Point
Borders v. justification

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3451077742

September 20, 2007, 11:00 AM
Jud
Borders v. justification
Hi Folks:

I'm using BORDER-TOP's rather than HGRID because of a data condition. I'm justifying each column. Everything works beautifully except for the right most column where, even though it should have right justification, is off about one character. Same problem stated differently, the border line is extending past the data about a single character.

I tried adding a dummy column and that does fix the justification of my actual right most data column but that little tail of border wants to be displayed beneath the dummy column regardless of border style settings.

I tried gap statements, even negative ones, and they either have no or an adverse effect.

It's as if the border function actually adds a little tail after rendering the table. Any way to suppress this behavior or any ideas to get my horizontal lines to stop where my right most column data stops (right justified) as is the case with the usual HGRID element?

Thanks for any ideas!
September 20, 2007, 03:47 PM
Sayed
Can you upload the code? Maybe a sample with CAR file.

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE