Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Developer Studio Startup Window

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Developer Studio Startup Window
 Login/Join

<RickW>
posted
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I'll ask/rant anyways.

Does anyone know a registry entry hack or other method to get rid of the stupid Dev Studio startup window/splash screen?

Maybe I'm just too impatient, but it really annoys me Mad that the stupid startup window obscures all the other applications when you first launch Dev Studio. I suppose if I had a very speedy machine and it would load in a few seconds I wouldn't even notice, but in all my years in Corp. America, rocket sled PCs are few and far between.

The programmers obviously saw this as a potential issue since there's a check box in the General tab to disable it - but of course - that checkbox control is DISABLED!. Why IBI thinks it's imperative that it's customers have to be annoyed by this is beyond me and just plain - dare I say it - STUPID!. Heck, even if the startup window could lose focus and load in the background like NORMAL applications that would certainly be expected.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <RickW>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Rick,

There is a Reg entry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Information Builders/DeveloperStudio/53/FOCSHELL/DesktopSettings/Shell/ called SPLASHBMP which, on my machine, is set to C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\ffw.bmp

This may give you a pointer to where the setting might be?

Of course, the usual cop out clauses apply - you make changes to your registry at your own peril, take a back-up before you start ...... etc. etc.

But then you knew that!!

Good luck and please share if you find the offending item!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<RickW>
posted
Tony, good idea - I'll have to try that on a test box. I think 7.11 is a bit better at instantiating. Thanks.

Report This Post