Focal Point
Creating a Guided Report - HTML Composer/Report Painter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3497076916

May 01, 2012, 03:57 PM
Francis Mariani
Creating a Guided Report - HTML Composer/Report Painter
Is there anyone with tips on using the GUI to generate a "Guided Report"?

I took a look at the documentation (Creating Reports With Report Painter > Creating Guided Reports > Creating a Guided Report) and, as usual, in a textbook scenario, this *might* work as described, but over here, in the real world, I am having trouble implementing it.

I'm sure I will find more frustrations shortly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 01, 2012, 05:14 PM
Francis Mariani
I've figured out that I can follow the instructions in "Creating a Guided Report" and then reference the fex in HTML Composer.

There is no mention of how to set things up so that when the output format control is created, multiple options are automatically generated.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 01, 2012, 05:48 PM
Prarie
Hi Francis...you been gone awhile?
May 01, 2012, 06:12 PM
Francis Mariani
I have Frowner but I'm back in action Smiler

Francis

May 01, 2012, 07:14 PM
Francis Mariani
Here we go again.

Create an HTML page in HTML Composer. Add a form. Point the submit button to an existing External procedure. All the report parameters appear in a list of controls. You cannot select a Double-list control, so you leave them as Text box controls. Back to the form, you cannot change the Text box controls to Double-list controls, so you have to delete them and add Double-list controls and then bind them to the parameters. This is 2012.

Francis