Focal Point
[OPEN ISSUE] WF 8 BIP: Annoying thing about html page launched from a link in a BIP

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3507079376

December 18, 2014, 10:32 AM
Francis Mariani
[OPEN ISSUE] WF 8 BIP: Annoying thing about html page launched from a link in a BIP
I'm seeing this annoying behaviour quite a bit and cannot find a solution:

I have a hyperlink to a hand-built HTML page in a BIP block. I click on the hyperlink, the HTML page opens in a new window. The HTML page has a multi-select jQuery tree control (I couldn't use the HTML Composer tree control since it was single-select in v7.7). The tree control takes a long time to load - the JavaScript is a little slow.

If I decide to close the window while the tree control is loading, I get an IE9 error: "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab".

The html page I closed is not in a tab, it's a separate window.

This will happen with any window that has JavaScript running while you close the window.

This did not happen in B.I. Dashboard 7.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 19, 2014, 10:40 AM
TomS.
I have experienced the same behavior when closing an IA window before it's able to fill in with sample data.

Also using IE9.

WebFOCUS 8.0.07 and 8.2.01M
UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE
PDF, CSV, Excel, TXT, XML, HTML
December 19, 2014, 12:24 PM
Francis Mariani
Tom, thanks for confirming the issue. It didn't happen in WF 7.

When we finally migrated to WF 8, my manger, the Director of Data Management & Reporting Systems logged in and went straight to the parameter screen that uses WF to populate a jQuery hierarchy tree. He quickly got bored so closed that parameter screen, which triggered the portal refresh and alarm bells!

No solution so far.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 19, 2014, 01:48 PM
TomS.
It's funny I hadn't experienced this issue (or maybe just didn't notice) until after reading your post.

At this point it doesn't appear to be a big problem with users so I'm holding off on digging in to far on this one. Will be sure to add if I end up finding anything.

-T

WebFOCUS 8.0.07 and 8.2.01M
UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE
PDF, CSV, Excel, TXT, XML, HTML