Focal Point
Impact Analysis Tool: Is there any way of Intercepting Output from fex Parser

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3511083202

December 20, 2006, 04:35 AM
hammo1j
Impact Analysis Tool: Is there any way of Intercepting Output from fex Parser
Mornin' y' all

I am currently engaged on a painful search through a domain of focexecs attempting to find a list of TABLEs that are used. I'm examining it by hand but as always hoping there's a way the computer could do the work for me.

The Impact Analysis tool (IAT) is very useful in determining whether a particular MASTER is used within any FOCEXECs, but I need it to work the other way round.

Now what the IAT must do is parse the FOCEXECs being searched and store TABLENAMEs and FIELDNAMEs to some internal store for later comparison to the object being IAT'ed. This intermediate output would be very useful to my search.

Has anyone tried sim or even know where the parser routine exists?

Yours forever living in hope.

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
December 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
GCohen
On the top of the FocalPoint page is a link to Technical documentation. In this link select the area for search of documentation and type in the term "Impack Analysis". There is a lot of information that will help you.

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML