Focal Point
Can I tailor the message “There are no agents on Reporting Server”

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3511088842

September 27, 2007, 06:50 AM
bobjackson
Can I tailor the message “There are no agents on Reporting Server”
Here's the scenario. A user is running Report Assistant against a very large database. He (or she) sets up the rows, columns and selection rules and presses the blue triangle Run button. And waits. No results come back. He wonders whether he's pressed the Run button so he presses it again. And waits. Still no results come back so he tries yet again.

Unfortunately he's accidentally missed out an important selection rule such that the request is going to take a lot of processing. Our reporting server is now overloaded with 3 (or more) of his jobs.

We're intending to put a limit of 2 jobs per user (i.e. he has one chance to correct himself).

On the third press, he'll get a message:

“There are no agents on Reporting Server: DW”
“Please submit your request again or notify your server administrator”

We would much rather this message said something like:

"You may have submitted this report multiple times. Please be patient and either re-submit your request after waiting briefly or telephone the helpdesk on 34444 to ask for your previous request/requests to be cancelled"

Can we tailor this message?

Has anyone else experience of this "feature" and any tips?

WebFocus 7.6.11
IBM iSeries
September 27, 2007, 07:56 AM
GamP
Bob,

There are files in the server environment that may be customized.
The file is called enib00e.html (for english) and is found in the srv7x\home\etc directory.
The file contains html code for error situations and this code may be changed to your liking. I'm not quite sure if there is a certain limit to the number of lines you can put there, but this can be tested easily.

Gerard.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
September 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
bobjackson
Gerard

Thank you!

It's Error 32071

I'll try a version with 3 lines of message and see how it goes.

Bob

WebFocus 7.6.11
IBM iSeries
September 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
Brian Suter
The customization of enib00e.html (the 71 file) needs to be done on the servlet side of the connection ... webfocus71\client71\wfc\etc.

In 76 you edit ENtemplate.xml to change the HTML and whatever xxwebfoc_strings.lng you need.

Be warned - a service pack can override these files (764 will update them I know), so you may need to re-do your customization.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development