Focal Point
[CLOSED] Question about Procedure Title vs Name

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3537054096

June 28, 2018, 09:19 AM
Don Garland
[CLOSED] Question about Procedure Title vs Name
A procedure NAME allows me to organize my procedures in a structured way (Ex: Acme_Metric_TOP10_NF_Med_DB.fex) but the TITLE allows me to have a user friendly name (Top 10 Non-Formulary Medications) that automatically displays when I insert it into a dashboard.

Good Stuff.

My question is, what other uses are there for the Title?

Thank you,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
June 28, 2018, 09:22 AM
BabakNYC
You can search for either title or name in your Portal Home page using partial words like Acme.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
June 28, 2018, 09:37 AM
Don Garland
Right, and that is handy. I wonder though, if anyone is using the Title for something else. One of those out-of-the-box, clever ideas.

I guess there doesn't need to be anything else, just wondering.

Thank you,

PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
June 28, 2018, 09:44 AM
BabakNYC
Fex title wouldn't be very important if you're a Portal user, since all the content is set up for you. It is important if you allow your portal users to add content or allowed to create content with InfoAssist and/or Page Designer. That's where they get to see the nice titles instead of a FEX name. I haven't thought of anything cool to do with it yet but I'd love hear what others are doing with it as well.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
June 28, 2018, 09:49 AM
Doug
Hey Don, Good thoughts...

It it also used in the New Welcome Page when displaying the contents of a domain, both Title and Name (the way the I have mine set. You can set that display using the 'Settings' control to the right of the 'titles' of the columns which are displayed.
June 28, 2018, 04:50 PM
Don Garland
Must be the Geritol kicking in Doug

June 28, 2018, 10:26 PM
Doug
LOL Good One Don...