Focal Point
Dev Studio 7.6.8 - Freezes when copying a new fex from one environment to another

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/355101211

May 12, 2009, 10:45 AM
Francis Mariani
Dev Studio 7.6.8 - Freezes when copying a new fex from one environment to another
I would like to confirm if anyone else has this problem:

Create a new fex in an app folder of one environment defined in Dev Studio.

Drag'n'drop the new fex to an app folder in another environment defined in Dev Studio.

Dev Studio freezes.

End the windows task. Restart Dev Studio.

Navigate to the app folder - the file was successfully copied.

Copying an existing fex from one environment to another does not not freeze Dev Studio.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 12, 2009, 11:06 AM
GinnyJakes
Francis, this did not fail for me. I copied from one environment using drag and drop to another environment on a completely different machine. 7.6.5 client with a 7.6.6 server, AIX, WebSphere on both; client and server on same machine in both environments.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 12, 2009, 11:27 AM
susannah
yep
so i never use d&d
i use copy paste
and i have to use that very carefully
i have 7 environments open to devstu
so i have to first CREATE a new fex in the destination env with the same name
then copy paste...getting the confirmation window (do you want to overwrite?..i like that..at least i have some confidence that the name will remain what i want it to be)
then...
go look at the destination fex's properties.
Try it both ways.
The properties coping seems erratic..i haven't done a controlled experiment on it yet tho.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
May 12, 2009, 12:05 PM
Francis Mariani
Ginny, Susannah, thanks for your responses. I have opened a case, but first impressions are that they did not read my case carefully.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server