Focal Point
[Solved] Error Using a Hyperlink in SubHead

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3607024286

May 18, 2016, 12:57 PM
barcher
[Solved] Error Using a Hyperlink in SubHead
I am experiencing a strange error that is causing a crashed agent error on the Reporting Server. I have a drilldown report in HTML output format that is located in an iframe on an HTML page built in AppStudio, and within the heading I have a link to re-run the report in output format XLSX. When trying to open the report using the heading hyperlink the browser will hang and eventually a crashed agent error will appear. The funny thing is that when I change the output to AHTML, PDF OR EXL2K the report runs fine. Has anyone experienced this type of error?

Sample Code:

This is a simplified version of the problem report using the CAR file. I cannot replicate the error with the code below, but this at least demonstrates the the technique.

-DEFAULTH &WFFORMAT = 'HTML';

TABLE FILE CAR
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  CAR.COMP.CAR
BY  CAR.CARREC.MODEL
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Open in Excel"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFORMAT
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=TABHEADING,
     LINE=1,
     OBJECT=TEXT,
     ITEM=1,
     FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/ReportCarErrorTest20160516.fex( \
     WFFORMAT='XLSX' \
     ),
          TARGET='_blank',
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barcher,

BARCHER
App Studio 8.203
Windows

May 18, 2016, 01:15 PM
MartinY
Have you check your redirection settings for XLSX ?
It may be a starting point.

I know that some issue occurs with XLSX format.

Do you have special action in your fex, such as COMPUTE or formatting that you haven't reproduced with the CAR sample ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
May 19, 2016, 11:51 AM
barcher
MartinY, Thank you for the advice. I am working with our Admin to review the redirection settings.

There is no styling on the Excel report, but there is a DEFINE field being used. The DEFINE field is assigning a value to Null values, and is leaving all other values as is.

For example:

DEFINE FILE FILE1
VALUE_CORRECTION/A20 = IF VALUE EQ MISSING THEN 'THIS IS NOT NULL' ELSE VALUE
END

BARCHER
App Studio 8.203
Windows

May 20, 2016, 05:40 PM
barcher
I discovered the error, and it has nothing to do with Excel output. I discovered that a series of GOTO statements in the .fex created an infinite loop. I removed the problem GOTO statements and the report runs fine.

BARCHER
App Studio 8.203
Windows