Focal Point
[SHARING] WebFOCUS Open Portal Services Enhancements

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3607061606

June 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
Kerry
[SHARING] WebFOCUS Open Portal Services Enhancements
WebFOCUS Open Portal Services Enhancements
by Gil Rodriguez

With WebFOCUS 7. 7.02, Information Builders introduced some enhancements to WebFOCUS Open Portal Services, such as the ability for administrators to control WebFOCUS reporting tools access for end users and for developers to administer the report component.

Controlling WebFOCUS Reporting Tools Access

The ability to control WebFOCUS Reporting Tools access originally was introduced in our WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Dashboard. This feature, now available in Open Portal Services, gives administrators the flexibility and ability to display a subset of the available reporting tools to users until they receive proper training. It also makes it possible to make the necessary changes when the use of a tool is discontinued at a site.

Click here to read more, and/or subscribe today to receive the WebFOCUS newsletter in email!

Cheers,

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
June 28, 2011, 03:35 PM
Francis Mariani
Well, I better find out what "WebFOCUS Open Portal Services" means! Smiler

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 03, 2014, 02:02 AM
Rakesh Boddu
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding above post.
How to enable subset of available reporting tools to users.

Thanks,
rakesh

WebFOCUS 8.0.03
Windows, All Outputs
March 03, 2014, 12:33 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Rakesh,

What is your question about enabling a subset of available reporting tools? Are you looking for documentation, or have you encountered an error when trying to implement it?

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn
March 04, 2014, 01:41 AM
Rakesh Boddu
Hi Kathryn,

I need documentation demonstrating how to enable subset of reporting tools to users using Open Portal services.

I even went through several pdfs regarding this but there is no luck.Can you guys help me out.

Thanks,
Rakesh

WebFOCUS 8.0.03
Windows, All Outputs
March 04, 2014, 06:16 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Rakesh,

Using the link that Eran provided you in the other topic, expand 'WebFOCUS Open Portal Services Administration Guide', then 'Using WebFOCUS Portal Components', then 'Using WebFOCUS Open Portal Services Components'. There is a lot of detailed information here.

Regards,

Kathryn