Focal Point
Default filter in Report Assistant

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3621098331

August 25, 2005, 08:24 AM
Håkan
Default filter in Report Assistant
Is there any way of making a Reporting Object filter show up by default in Report Assistant? I can duplicate the WHERE clause and put it in the TABLE section of the Reporting Object and have the entire WHERE clause show up by default in RA, but it's not really user-friendly. We're on on 5.2.7 on IBM iSeries.
August 26, 2005, 05:06 PM
<Emma Schwarz>
There isn't any way to automatically select a Reporting Object filter in Report Assistant. Alternatively to building a WHERE clause in RA, you could also build a WHERE in the Reporting Object. The WHERE created as a component of the Reporting Object will always be in effect for every report created from the Reporting Object. The end user will not be able to de-select it.
August 29, 2005, 12:33 AM
susannah
H, when you set up your Reporting Object, there is a section you click on called WHERE..and you can drop all your desired WHERE or IF statements in there. They'll be in effect for every user of that Reporting Object. if you want several types of WHERE's, set up several separate Reporting Objects, each with its own special set of WHERE's..and just name each of them cleverly..thats how we do it, anyway. The the user is selecting a different WHERE by selecting a different Reporting Object. Any help?
August 29, 2005, 10:48 AM
Håkan
Emma and Susannah, I know there's a WHERE section but a) I want the users to see the selection and b) I want them to be able to change the selection. The idea is to present the filter just as a sort of -DEFAULT setting and I think it would be so much nicer to show the filter name instead of core WF code.
August 29, 2005, 09:55 PM
<Emma Schwarz>
Yes, I see what you mean. The user has to select the Filter, it can't be selected by default.
August 31, 2005, 11:08 AM
Håkan
Emma, maybe a candidate for a NFR?
August 31, 2005, 07:46 PM
<Emma Schwarz>
Yes, I agree. It's already been requested by another customer, so we'll add it in the future. At this point I can't say what release yet.