Focal Point
Problem Reading Focus File In RCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3631048832

July 26, 2007, 10:42 AM
ktnj
Problem Reading Focus File In RCaster
Hello all,

using Mainframe batch Focus, but when I try to read the same file iIn ReportCaster, I get the error message:

Task error:Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException

Can anyone help resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Ken

July 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
ktnj
Hello all,

This Message Should Read"

I am able to read a Focus file using Mainframe batch Focus, but when I try to read the same file in ReportCaster, I get the error message:

Task error:Pcb2.: java.io.EOFException

Can anyone help resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Ken

IBM Mainframe ZOS
FOCUS 7.2.5
WebFocus 5.3.6

July 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
FortuneCookie
Based on the error it sounds like the agent crashed.

If you invoke this request simply through Managed Reporting or the server console does it run?

Build a simple table request against the FOCUS database, if it returns data, then submit that through caster and see if you get the same results

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.6, Windows 2003

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Windows 2003
July 26, 2007, 11:00 AM
Leah
Ah I haven't seen the java exception error in a long time. We used to get them before our production went to 5.3.6. Report Caster does not parse the same as MRE, I've been told. Some times all you have to do is make a minor change to the code such as inserting a space in the heading at it runs fine. Check to see if you are 'following the rules' of the code. Consider semi-colons on your where statements and so on.

Good luck.

Leah
July 26, 2007, 03:08 PM
ktnj
I found the solution.
The naming conventions userd for Focus Batch ZOS Mainframe files are less restrictive than the naming conventions for mainframe files used in WebFocus.

I renamed the file and Rcaster works fine.

Thanks to all,
Ken