Focal Point
[Closed]Impact Analysis

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/364107725

September 14, 2010, 03:53 PM
DaveSLC
[Closed]Impact Analysis
I am trying to use the Impact Analysis tool for the first time. I want to run a fex when a master file is present in the doamin. I have been following the directions in the documentaion but on step 8 when I click the Analize button I do not get the only report that I have in the standard reports folder in the Imapact Analysis Result pane as I assume I should and I cannot figure out how to get it to show up. Could someone with experience with this tool please advise me?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaveSLC,
September 20, 2010, 03:45 PM
Kerry
Hi Dave,

Can you please be a little more specific about your issue? For example, what documentation were you reading on? And what version are you currently on, e.g. 5.x, 7.1, 7.6, or 7.7?

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
September 23, 2010, 01:22 PM
DaveSLC
I was getting my information from the Managed reporting PFD User Document. I am currently on version 7.6.11.
September 24, 2010, 03:24 AM
GamP
Dave,

Did you select a field name from the master file you need to search for?
If not, it should give you all the fexes, including reporting objects, that contain this master file name.
If so, then the fieldname is probably shown as a fully qualified name, i.e. like filename.segname.fieldname. Although in the fexes these fields are contained in exaxtly the same way, it will not find it. It will find it if you remove the qualification from the field to be searched for (in the impact analysis dialog box). This is the way it works in 77, and I'm guessing it'll be the same in your release.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
September 28, 2010, 11:39 AM
DaveSLC
I did not select a feild name from the master file. I only have one fex in the standard reports folder but it does not select it. I tried selecting a field but that did not make any difference. It still does not select the fex.