Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MAINTAIN form required field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MAINTAIN form required field
 Login/Join

posted
In the MAINTAIN form painter I've just begun getting an Internet Explorer pop up window that says "This is a required field. You must enter data."

I get this when I try to select an item from any combo-box.

Any hints would be appreciated.

John Price

Posts: 25 | Location: Fountain Valley, Calif. | Registered: October 24, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
John
When are you getting this error? When you are creating the Combobox or at Runtime? Please document the steps that I can take to repro this issue as I have never seen it before. Also, what release are you in?

Thanks,
Mark (Derwin)

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in release 7.1.4 but I get the same condition in 7.1.3.

After the form appears on the screen - I try to select from any of 5 different combo-boxes and I immediately get the notice. The list from the combo-box does flash on the screen for a split second.

I compile and run from Developer Studio Maintain environment. I also get it when I run the compiled program (.FCM)

I've run both the MNT and FCM versions from the Developer Studio Desktop with the same result.

BTW: after several attempts any attemp to compile get the RC 32701 message mentioned in my other Focal Query.

I do have a similar program with 3 combo-boxes which has not caused me any problems (yet ?).

The database involved is small, around 130 records, and the procedure is small (250 lines) with 1 form. Let me know if you would like to test it yourself.

John Price

Posts: 25 | Location: Fountain Valley, Calif. | Registered: October 24, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Follow up:

I've gone in and removed all but one of the ComboBoxes and the problem goes away. Haven't tested to see if it is the quantity of Combo boxes, or a problem with one of the four that I removed.

John Price

posted Hide Post
Follow up to the follow up.

All lists have been removed and clicking a button noe causes the original problem - it makes me want to give up on WebFocus.

John Price

Master
posted Hide Post
Before you give up, send me your files including MNT, MAS and FOC and I will review them. Thanks!

Send to Mark_Derwin@IBI.COM

Master
posted Hide Post
When we returned from Summit, we discussed adding a REQUIRED option to EditBoxes inside the Maintain Development Environment. This feature, which uses ibivalidation, is accidentally turned on when you have an accept list in the master. Please open a case with the Help Desk and we will get you a fix as soon as possible.

In the meantime, replace the fields that have the accept lists with an Accepts Combobox. This will eliminate the problem, and allow the user to make a selection instead of having to enter a value. I apologize for the inconvinience.

Mark Derwin

posted Hide Post
Thank you Mark.

I've removed the ACCEPTS from the master file and coded them as "stacks" in the maintain program. All seems to work correctly - as far as I have tested.

In one respect I prefer the lists to be regular stacks in that you can always see the source of the list data in the code. Changing a maste file in a production system (to add and accept item) has often been a problem - not nearly as difficult to revise the code.

In any event, thank you agian.

John Price