Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Changing layout, is it possible?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Changing layout, is it possible?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi there, newbie here!
All of our reports have the column headers going left to right (as do all the examples I've seen and somewhat understand)... but what if I want some of the columns below eachother?

For example a report print out looks something like:
TOT#_CARS TOT#_$$s TOT#_HONDAS TOT#_HONDA$$s TOT#_JAGUARS TOT_JAGUARS$$s TOT#_MERCURY TOT#_MERCURY$$s

It should look like:

Total# Total $$s
TOT#_CARS TOT#_$$s
TOT#_HONDAS TOT#_HONDA$$s
TOT#_JAGUARS TOT_JAGUARS$$s
TOT#_MERCURY TOT#_MERCURY$$s

So there would be two (2) columns.
Please help!

lol I'm being baptised by FIRE in this stuff at work, ANY help would be extremely appreciated.
Thank you, Thank You, Thank You.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
WIN XP
Excel, PDF, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Shawna,

Have a look at the command OVER, this may help.

Other commands to check out would be SUBHEAD or SUBFOOT.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY AS 'Country:'
OVER  CAR     AS 'Car:'
END

I would suggest getting a copy of the documentation.

Also this search link may help.

Make sure that you do your homework before asking questions, and can you update your signature, you state WebFOCUS 7, this covers a large range of versions, and knowing which one you are one will help. Adding your OS as well will help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waz,

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You so much Waz - that worked!!
I also really, really appreciate the link to documentation. I am updating my signature and WebFOCUS stuff on here as well as you've pointed out.

While that did work for my fields, I'm finding I can't change the positioning of a Subhead on a BY field to line up properly with the other columns.

ToT# TOT_$$s
________TOT#CARS
________TOT#_HONDAS
________ TOT#_JAGUARS

Also, for some reason once I added the OVER commands I can no longer view the report as a PDF, only HTML. Frowner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawna,

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
WIN XP
Excel, PDF, HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Shawna,
try a search on HEADALIGN=BODY to align the subheadings.

ERINP

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files

Posts: 130 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
HEADALIGN does not work in ADOBE(PDF) in 7.6.7. May work now inthe 7.7 releases, don't know. For 7.6.x releases, you need to style with POSITION=COLUMN_NAME,$

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone so much for all the help. Smiler
ERINP and Tom - unfortunately both of those didn't work for me (I looked up all the documentation available online).

But I was able to fix both issues:
Report opens as HTML but no longer PDF- I copy/pasted all code into a new fex and it worked. Replicated issue by opening up multiple instances of the fex, saving one and closing, then closing the others.

Formatting Columns that utilize the OVER command: From Report Painter go into 'Options' on each individual column and key in a width, column name width does play a large role in setting this and not all values will be the same. Formatting all columns (15ish) took about 20 minutes.

Thanks again!
-Shawna

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
WIN XP
Excel, PDF, HTML