Focal Point
[SOLVED] Report distribution using DSTRUN

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3657067016

October 07, 2011, 01:22 AM
Shankar
[SOLVED] Report distribution using DSTRUN
Hi,
I am running a RC job by using DSTRUN subroutine.I want to provide user a option to send message through user interface.i.e, User will type a message on the page and on distribution that message will be delivered in email body alongwith the report.Is it possible to handle this in webfocus? Please suggest me a way to achieve this.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML
October 07, 2011, 09:10 AM
jgelona
Shankar, most anything is possible. What we have to remember is that everything you see in Report Caster job is a field somewhere in the Report Caster Repository. For each job there is a message field. Last time I looked it had a 256 character limit. All you have to do is find the field, and use MODIFY or SQL UPDATE to update the message before you issue the DSTRUN. You also need to make sure you clear it out after the run so the next guy, who may not want to send a message, doesn't send the message from the previous run. Then there is what if 2 people submit the job at the same time, etc., etc., ect.

But that is one way to do it.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
October 13, 2011, 02:09 AM
Shankar
Thanks a lot jgelona.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML