Focal Point
Report Painter Fucntion

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3671052982

June 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
seadog
Report Painter Fucntion
Is there a function in Report Painter that allows you to "Count" the number of lines found in a section and place the value in a subfoot? In Crystal Reports (sorry) there is a pre-existing dragable function called COUNT. I am trying to make this as easy as possible and not have to create a field and compute a total.

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
Windows
June 25, 2008, 01:37 PM
Sayed
If you selected SUM instead of PRINT, you should be able to drop down to CNT for counter in Report Painter.

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
June 25, 2008, 01:51 PM
Tom Flynn
Seadog,

This "may" give you an idea:

SET ASNAMES = ON
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM 
     CNT.MODEL AS 'MODEL_CNT' 
 BY COUNTRY
PRINT 
     CAR
     MODEL
 BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT 
      CAR
      MODEL
  BY COUNTRY
ON COUNTRY SUBFOOT
"Total Models <MODEL_CNT"
END
-RUN

Hope this helps...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
June 25, 2008, 01:55 PM
seadog
Can you please be a little more explanatory ?

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
Windows
June 25, 2008, 02:05 PM
Tom Flynn
Seadog,

Report Painter allows you to HOLD data, just like everywhere else in WebFOCUS.

My post above shows an example of counting records and using it in a SUBFOOT, which was your question.

Another way is to count the records, HOLD and do a -READ on the HOLD into an &VARIABLE.

There are many ways to do this, the manual(s) cover quite a lot of them...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
June 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
seadog
You know in Crystal Reports ALL you have to do is say =COUNT(fieldname) and stick it in the group break and your done. Why is this so complicated in Report Painter. A question for the Product Manager I guess.

WebFOCUS 7.6.4
Windows