Focal Point
[CLOSED] Trended Graph - Total of all bars

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3697030776

July 01, 2015, 08:42 AM
RobertF
[CLOSED] Trended Graph - Total of all bars
We have a number of trended graphs showing a rolling 12 months of current/prior/budget data.

A user has asked if there was a way they could see the TOTALS for the period in some fashion....as opposed to adding up the individual bars.

I suppose we could create an extra 'month' in the data that houses the total but that could throw off the scaling and is a bit of work.

Another thought was to place some verbiage on the graph and when you clicked it would call a fex showing the totals. I see no way of doing this though...

Perhaps there is something even simpler?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
July 02, 2015, 08:42 AM
MartinY
Adding the totals as part of the Header, Sub Head or Footing could also be an option.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
July 02, 2015, 08:51 AM
RobertF
can you elaborate? Are you suggesting I can put text, say: 'Click for Grand Totals' in the GRAPH Header, and have that drill to a fex t hat shows the total? How do I enable the drill for the text...via the GUI or must you somehow do it in the code?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs
July 02, 2015, 09:55 AM
J.L. Hinds
Try this

TABLE FILE DEMO
SUM
DOLLARS
BY CATEGORY
HEADING
"Total= END

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
July 02, 2015, 03:29 PM
RobertF
???
I need to have a link on my graph that will drill to something that pops up the grand total of the 12 trended bars shown...unless there is away for the graph to do this via some setting...

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs