Focal Point
[SOLVED] Dev Studio - Document Composer - foc3303 error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3697098666

January 24, 2014, 03:56 PM
Francis Mariani
[SOLVED] Dev Studio - Document Composer - foc3303 error
What on earth does this mean?

(FOC3296) Error found in Coordinated Compound Report: At Component report22
(FOC3303) Compound report COMPONENT out of order

I have a Document Composer compound PDF report. It has nine INCLUDE statements for the nine parts of the compound PDF. For each one of them, I test if there are zero lines - if there are zero lines, I go to a unique label to create a pdf with an empty message, so no duplicate labels anywhere in the 9 fexes.

In one case, where none of the 9 reports have zero lines, the compound pdf gets displayed. In another case, one of the 9 reports has zero lines - I only get that zero line report - no compound repot. There are no -EXIT statements in any of the fexes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 26, 2014, 01:02 PM
j.gross
COMPOUND essentially ignores unformatted HOLD requests, and only grabs results of formatted-output requests.

You leave unclear whether you are detecting an empty answer-set on a TABLE ... HOLD (and then branching to either a normal report or a "regrets" report) -- or detecting it on a TABLE to PDF (the "normal" output request).

If the latter, you'd be running two "formatted output" reports where COMPOUND is expecting only one, which is asking for trouble.
January 26, 2014, 02:03 PM
Francis Mariani
Ah! I will verify that all nine reports detect before create...

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 26, 2014, 02:36 PM
j.gross
Cf. Isaiah 28:20
January 26, 2014, 04:12 PM
Francis Mariani
Jack, that was it. Thanks for the tip.

Francis

January 26, 2014, 04:29 PM
Francis Mariani
One of the things I cannot capture is if the error is in the PDF creation, for example, panelling not compatible with HEADALIGN=BODY...

Francis