Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Inconsistent behavior w/Firefox, Safari & Chrome?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3727099426

October 09, 2012, 06:54 PM
Kim at USF
[CASE-OPENED] Inconsistent behavior w/Firefox, Safari & Chrome?
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have created an HTML page w/tab controls and checkboxes etc. The page allows the user to run 2 different reports, 1 per tab. When I first build it and it runs in the BID, it works great, FF, Chrome, Safari and IE can all run it.

Then without any changes or updates to either the HTML, the underlying fexes, my system environment, it *stops* working in all browsers *except* IE. All I get is a "Loading" message, but no error, nothing else. Again, no problems in IE, just the other browsers.

When I create a *new* HTML reference the same fexes, with the same tab controls, etc. -- the new HTML page works. But then again, after a few days, I experience the same issue.

When I send my fexes & HTML to IBI they say it runs fine, but cannot help me determine how to trace the issue to resolve it in my environment.

Anybody else feel my pain?

Our environment:
Linux 64-bit
WFRS 7.7.02
WF Client 7.7.02

Thanks,
Kim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.702
Linux 64-Bit
Windows, All Outputs
October 12, 2012, 01:21 PM
Kerry
Hi Kim,

While I check with technicals, this article in the WebFOCUS September-October Newsletter may be of interest: Windows IE Browser Mode, Compatibility View, and WebFOCUS IE Browser Support

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
October 12, 2012, 02:06 PM
Kerry
Hi Kim,

It looks like the technicals are investigating this issue. Please kindly keep us posted on the final solution, thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.