Focal Point
[Solved] HTML Composer 8 - missing properties & settings

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3777038966

March 26, 2014, 04:28 PM
Mike in DeLand
[Solved] HTML Composer 8 - missing properties & settings
Hi,
Just got Version 8 installed. Up until today everything was fine. Now, in HTML Composer, I cannot get the properties and settings box to appear (the big one on the right). Has anyone seen this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike in DeLand,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
March 26, 2014, 11:36 PM
Rifaz
View-->Properties..Doesn't work for you???

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x
March 27, 2014, 08:47 AM
gregv
I've seen this.
Sometimes the Properties and Settings box is hidden behind the Properties box so I close the Properties box (see Rifaz note but in reverse).
Sometimes you have to go to the Parameters tab (bottom left of composer window) to get to the Properties and Settings box. It may come up in a generic dialogue and you have to click on a parameter to see any of the values that are in this box.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8
March 27, 2014, 08:58 AM
j.gross
This can happen if you used a two-monitor setup, placing the P&S box on the secondary screen -- and then you switch to a one-monitor setup. DevStu will think it is visible (on the phantom second monitor), and there's no way to "close" it or "move" it back.
March 27, 2014, 10:45 AM
Kathy P
I have seen this and you have to play with it. Clicking on view dropdown and select 'properties and setting', then deselect it and select it again and it shows up. Another way is to make your properties box smaller and when doing the select and deselect, it will show up behind it and you can see it if your properties box is smaller. I'm in 8.05. Be sure you have an item selected in your html when looking for this.

Kathy Phillips
Web FOCUS 8.2.05.14, 8.1.05, 8.08, 8.0.7, 8.0.5,8.0.2m, 7.6.10,7.7.03
Windows
March 28, 2014, 08:11 AM
Mike in DeLand
Thanks for all the anwsers.

The correct answer was:
DUH - I had my canvas set to full screen so it pushed the properties and settings window off the page.

It works now, and I'm embarassed.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
October 04, 2017, 10:04 AM
SHO
Hello All,

Running on Windows 10, Dev Studio (version 8007), is not showing the Properties and Settings window, the one that contains "Data type", "Value field", "Display field", etc..

The window with properties (one with the tabs: Properties and Thumbnails) does show.
The checkbox for "Properties and Settings" in View menu drop-down box is checked.

Another team member who run the exact same Dev Studio on Windows 7 does not have this issue.

We checked the possibilities that this window might be hidden, etc., but we couldn't find it, and now we believe that this window is not shown at all.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

-Simon

WebFOCUS 8007 & 8201
Windows 10, All Outputs