Focal Point
Version 7.1.n configuration

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3851031851

March 09, 2006, 10:19 AM
Tony A
Version 7.1.n configuration
A question, or six, for all you folks with a functioning 7.1.n installation.

1) What configuration did your site make regarding web service and servlet container?
2) If IIS/NewAtlanta then have you encountered any problems with this configuration and 7.1?
3) If IIS/Tomcat, have you had any problems with IIS communicating OK with Tomcat?

If you have any comments regarding the web service and servlet container config then I would appreciate hearing them (good or bad Smiler).

If you prefer to keep your comments off of the forum then please PM them to me. They will always remain in confidence.

Thanks in anticipation.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
March 13, 2006, 11:34 AM
dhagen
Tony A,

7.1.x has been rock solid for the following install types for me:
- IBM Websphere with IBI HTTP (Apache) and IBM HTTP to Webshpere plug-in.
- Sun One with Apache.
- Tomcat Standalone.
- Tomcat with IIS and Jakarta Filter.

I have not had any problems with install and config and execution under these environments. The only change I ever make is upping the heap size for the container of choice.

Are you experiencing any problems?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
March 13, 2006, 11:55 AM
Tony A
D,

No, I am just attempting to solicit experiences so that I can best advise my Client on planned configuration. The responses I've had have led me to suggest IIS (because they're an MS site) with Tomcat. This should provide them with the most supportable and stable config for the near future (including for the next release level etc!).

I did a stand-alone install using this set-up with 7.1 (no sp) and the "features" quickly led to abandonment. 7.1.1 promised fixes that didn't materialise, but 7.1.3 sounds as though IB have got that covered. That said, IIS and Tomcat seemed to be content and stable Smiler.

Thanks to everyone that has replied, I appreciate your time and it has proved most helpful - the whole point of a forum?

Regards

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10