Focal Point
Report Heading Layout

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3881012642

September 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
Chris Shaffer
Report Heading Layout
This is going to be hard to describe, but I'll do my best.

Is there any way to have two components on a report header line, with the first component be aligned to the left, and the second component be aligned to the right. Something like:

|             Title             |
|Date: 01/01/2007       By: User|
|                               |

Essentially, I want the "By: User" text to hug the right side of the page, while the "Date" hugs the left.

Thanks,

Chris Shaffer
September 10, 2007, 11:36 AM
Chris Shaffer
And if it's not too much to ask, I'd like it to work in both HTML output and PDF.
September 10, 2007, 11:46 AM
Leah
Too much to ask, probably can't do. Have you tried using spot markers to place the text. Would have to ensure no squeezing I'd suppose.

"Date: 01/01/2007 <50> By: User"

or

"Date: 01/01/2007 <+50> By: User"

Leah
September 10, 2007, 11:58 AM
Francis Mariani
Crude, but does the job, mostly. (In PDF, the right justified component is not exactly justified to the last report column).

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL

HEADING
"WebFOCUS Report"
"User: &IBIC_user <+0> Date: &YYMD"
" "

ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF

ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='Arial', SIZE=8, GRID=OFF, $

TYPE=HEADING, HEADALIGN=BODY, STYLE=BOLD, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, COLSPAN=99, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=2, ITEM=2, COLSPAN=99, JUSTIFY=RIGHT, POSITION=P4, COLOR=BLUE, $
END

The HEADALIGN is valid in HTML but ignored in PDF.
The COLSPAN is valid in HTML but ignored in PDF.
The POSITION is ignored in HTML but valid in PDF.
The COLOR is to simply highlight the affected component.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
Chris Shaffer
Francis,

Thanks. It looks good in HTML, but the PDF isn't quite what I was looking for. Thanks for the info, though.
September 10, 2007, 01:44 PM
Francis Mariani
In PDF, the centering and right justification of heading elements is based on the width of the paper, not the total width of the report columns.

I think.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 10, 2007, 02:23 PM
TexasStingray
If you are using 7.x and developer studio you can right mouse on the heading and turn on the alignment grid. Then you can add columns/rows and justify how you want.

Hope this helps

Scott